Raw Avocado Kale Pesto with Zucchini Noodles
Avocado and kale both provide outstanding health benefits for your cardiovascular system. This avocado and kale pesto is rich, creamy, and packed with flavour. Try something new and serve it with zucchini noodles tonight.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts plus some for garnish
- 1 small bunch kale, de-stemmed and torn into small pieces (about 1 BIG handful)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch Himalayan salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside in a colander to drain excess liquid.
- Add cloves of garlic to your food processor, while it is running, one at a time.
- Add avocado, olive oil, nutritional yeast (optional), pine nuts and lemon juice.
- Pulse until all of the ingredients have been blended together.
- Add kale and pulse until the kale is well chopped and incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the mixture with zucchini noodles and tomatoes.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have your own raw recipe to share, we would love to hear form you. Leave us a comment in the box below.