As the COVID-19 situation develops, our top priority is your health and safety. Therefore, we have made several changes. We all need to do our part to help flatten the coronavirus curve.
On top of these changes, we are continually monitoring the situation surrounding the coronavirus. We are making regular updates to our company's policies. Therefore, we want to provide you with an understanding of how we are handling the circumstances around coronavirus.
We will continue to maintain our high standards diligently. We are continually monitoring food integrity, safety, and thorough cleaning practices.
We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation. We will keep you updated as it develops.
COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
As you may know, several regions across Ontario have implemented mandatory face mask/covering bylaws. These bylaws went into effect in the York and Halton regions on July 17 and July 20, 2020 respectively.
It is our goal to ensure we continue doing all we can to create the safest work and shopping experience possible. Security personnel will be patrolling our stores to ensure that physical distancing (at least 6 feet apart) is being practiced at all times. We will also continue to offer masks to customers at our entrances (purchase at check-out for $1.00).
It is important to note that Individuals, businesses, or organizations who do not comply with the requirements may be fined as per the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA). Regional governments have noted that while they will commence with an educational and supportive approach, as per the EMCPA, those who do not comply with the above noted requirements can be fined.
We continue to encourage that only one member from each household shop once per week. We leave it to the parent/guardian's discretion for children 10-years-old and younger. A mask or face covering will be required for anyone 11-years and older.
Customers who are unable to wear a face mask/covering for the following reasons are exempt from the bylaw in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code:
- medical reasons,
- children under the age of five (York Region),
- children under the age of three (Halton Region) or
- those who require accommodation.
We are now accepting returns and have made some adjustments to our return policy:
- Any item purchased before August 3rd are final sale.
- After August 3, our return policy is 14 days for non-perishable items and 48 hours for perishable items.
Creating a safe, healthy, and welcoming environment for our team members and customers is our top priority. Due to recent conflicts that have occurred as a result of the safety policies we have implemented due to COVID-19, we hired support for all locations. Security personnel are on-site to help us ensure team members and customers are doing their part to adhere to our officials’ health and safety guidelines.
It has been a challenging time for our front-line workers. It is our intention to provide them with the support they need so that they may continue to serve the communities we are proud to be in.
The well-being and safety of our team and customers, has been and will always be our top priority.
We have implemented the following health and safety protocols in response to this pandemic, including:
- Ongoing and regular sanitization of commonly touched areas at all of our locations,
- ongoing monitoring of our team’s health and wellness to ensure those exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms stay home from work,
- customer entrance screening in-effect at all locations to ensure those exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms do not enter the store (our curb-side program is offered to these customers to ensure they are able to attain what they need),
- online ordering with contactless curb-side pick-up at all locations to minimize in-store traffic,
- free grocery delivery to seniors to help minimize their exposure and risk,
- minimizing number of customers allowed inside at all of our locations to ensure all shoppers have the ability and space to maintain the recommended 6 feet of distance,
- protective barriers installed at all locations where customers may have to interact with our team members (i.e. cashiers, counters, etc.),
- hand sanitizer dispensers installed at the entrance of all locations,
- distancing guides placed at each store to remind everyone to keep 6 feet apart,
- masks available for purchase at the door ($1.00) for customers who forget to bring their own and
- a mandatory mask/face covering policy (in effect as per municipal bylaw).
- Last Updated: THURSDAY, AUGUST 11, 2020 @ 12:54 P.M. (EDT)