Le Serpent Mort! (Cheesy Snake Bread)
An incredibly fun way to eat a “cheesy” bread, without any dairy or refined ingredients found in typical dairy free cheeses. This one will be a hit in your household this halloween and not just with the kids!
Course: Appetizer / Side
Cuisine: Special Holiday
Servings: 6 Kids
- 1 Nature’s Spelt Pizza Dough 440g
- 2 tbsp Organic Olive Oil For Brushing
- Sliver of Organic Red Bell Pepper For Tongue
- ½ Kalamata Olive Pitted and Sliced – For Eyes
- ¼ Medium Organic Butternut Squash Roasted
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ Large Organic Onion
- 1 Clove Organic Garlic
- ½ tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- Sea Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil Buttery Flavour
- ¼ Cup Organic Broccoli Cooked
Preheat your oven to 375F.
Roll out the pizza dough into a long and thin pizza, unlike a classic circular shape.
In a blender, combine all of the filling ingredients and allow to cool before assembly.
Place the filling onto the long edge of the crust closest to you and roll into a long snake.
Transfer carefully onto a parchment lined baking sheet and form into a desired snake shape.
Shape the head of the snake and decorate with the red pepper tongue and kalamata olive eyes.
Brush with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
If the green cheesiness oozes out, it adds to the effect!