Featured Recipe: Gluten Free Eclairs (Vegan, Egg & Dairy Free)
1 hr 50 mins
Creamy, luscious and satisfying – these eclairs are a perfect replacement for the classic - 100% gluten free, dairy free and vegan!
Cuisine: French, Gluten-Free
Servings: 12 Eclairs
- 1 Cup "Almond Breeze" Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 0.5 Cup Earth Balance (Unsalted)
- 2 tbsp “Canadian Heritage Organics” Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp "Simply Organic" Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 tsp "Redmond's Real" Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Pamela's Artisan Flour Mix (Gluten Free)
- 1 tsp Guar Gum
- 6 tbsp Egg Replacer
- 6 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.75 Cup “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp "Almond Breeze" Almond Milk
- 2 Cups Whipped Coconut Cream
In a sauce pan, melt Earth Balance in almond milk and combine with maple syrup and vanilla extract and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl sift together gluten free flour, guar gum, baking powder and sea salt.
Gradually mix wet ingredients into dry until a smooth batter is formed.
In a small bowl combine egg replacer with water and add into dough, ensuring a thorough mix.
Preheat your oven to 425F.
Using a piping bag, pipe 12 equal choux pastries onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Lower the heat to 350F and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
With the oven off and the door slightly open, allow the pastries to rest for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Using a piping bag, pipe whipped coconut cream into each of the eclairs and proceed to your ganache.
In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and combine with almond milk.
Dip the filled eclairs half way and allow to firm up before serving.
Each Serving Contains: 134 calories; 0 g protein; 8 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 15g total carbohydrates (2 g of sugar); 210 mg sodium