The Green Soup
1 hr 20 mins
A nutrient rich, filling and warming soup that will nourish you during those cold days - packed with minerals and fiber.
Cuisine: Diabetic-Friendly, Vegan
Servings: 8 People
- 1 Bunch Organic Kale Chopped
- 1 Bunch Organic Chard Chopped
- 1 Bunch Organic Spinach Chopped
- 1 Large Organic Onion Diced
- 4 Cloves Organic Garlic Minced
- 4 Stalks Organic Celery Chopped
- 3 Medium Organic Parsnip Diced
- 1 Large Organic Carrot Diced
- 1 L Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 L Filtered Water
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Drops Liquid Smoke
- 500 g Organic Green Peas Frozen
- ½ Cup Organic Parsley Fresh - Chopped
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil Butter Flavour
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
In a large soup pot, over medium heat, saute onions, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip, kale, chard and spinach in coconut oil for 15 minutes - stirring frequently.
Cover with vegetable stock and water and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke and frozen peas and cook for another 10 minutes.
Finish with fresh parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.