Orange & Ginger Tarts
Almonds and ginger are not just great flavours in this dish – they also help to keep the immune system strong and healthy.
Servings: 12 Tarts
- 3 Cups Organic Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Organic Ginger Micro Grated
- ½ Cup Organic Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Organic Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Cup Organic Orange Juice Fresh
- 1/2 Cup Organic Almond Milk Unsweetened
- ¼ Cup Organic Cane Sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Organic Tapioca Starch
- ¼ Cup Candied Ginger Stem Chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients and press into a non-stick muffin tray, forming individual tarts.
- In a small pot, bring all of the filling ingredients to a simmer, leaving out the tapioca starch.
- In a small cup, whisk together the tapioca starch with some of the liquid from the pot, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Pour back into the simmering liquid and continue whisking for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Pour liquid into mini tart crusts and freeze for at least 4 hours or until fully set.
- Top with candied ginger and enjoy!