Sweet Potato Ginger Soup
Bursting with flavour, this warming, creamy soup contains sweet potatoes, garlic and ginger - all providing immune supporting benefits.
Cuisine: Fusion, Vegan
Servings: 10 People
- 6 Medium Organic Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 2 Large Organic Onion Diced
- 6 Cloves Organic Garlic Minced
- 2 tbsp Organic Ginger Minced
- 2 Cans Organic “Nature’s Emporium” Coconut Milk 400mL/ea
- 1 L Organic Vegetable Broth
- ¼ Cup “Nutiva” Coconut Oil Buttery Flavour
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to Taste
- Hot Sauce Optional
In a large pot, over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, ginger and sweet potatoes in coconut oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Turn the heat up to high, add vegetable broth and coconut milk and bring to simmer.
Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
Transfer contents into a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
Season to taste and serve with a squirt of hot sauce.