Dig into a delicious plant based non GMO Thanksgiving dish that's too good to miss - gluten free, dairy free, fiber and mineral rich.
- 2 Organic Acorn Squash Cut in half
- 1 Cans Organic Lentils 540mL
- 2/3 Cup Organic Quinoa Washed
- 1 Large Organic Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Organic Garlic Minced
- ½ Cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Thyme Minced
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ Cup Organic Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
Preheat your oven to 375F.
Cut both acorn squash in half, lengthwise and bake face down for 40 minutes or until soft.
In a large saute pan, combine the filling ingredients, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes over low heat (or until quinoa is fully cooked).
Flip over the squash halves and fill with the filling.
Enjoy as a main course on its own or with a side salad.