Enjoy a deliciously detoxifying recipe courtesy of Dr. Terry Willard, Ph.D., Cl.H., special guest presenter at Nature’s Emporium!
Dr. Terry Willard, Cl.H., Ph.D. is recognized as one of North America’s leading Clinical Herbalists. For over thirty five years he has been an active practitioner and teacher, director of the Wild Rose College of Natural Healing.
Dr. Terry Willard will be visiting Nature’s Emporium Newmarket as a featured guest presenter on Tuesday, October 28th for a FREE detoxing seminar. Using his newly revised detoxing cookbook, Terry will guide you on how cleansing and cooking with tasty nutritional foods can give you more energy, stamina and a whole new outlook on life!
Space is still available, so be sure to register for this exciting event by calling Customer Service at 905-898-1844 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
In the meantime, we invite you to enjoy this wonderfully delicious detox recipe, courtesy of Dr. Terry Willard. We’ll see you at the event!
Sweet Bell Pepper and Fresh Herb Fritatta
Egg dishes are uncomplicated and can be served for any meal of the day. Try substituting vegetables that are in season such as asparagus in the spring, spinach in the summer, roasted peppers in the fall and caramelized onions in winter. This dish can also be made with dried herbs.
- 2 medium red or white nugget potato
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium onion
- ½ cup red, yellow or orange sweet Bell pepper
- 6 medium eggs, preferably free range
- 2 cups rice or almond milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice potatoes into ¼-inch rounds.
- Form a single layer on the bottom of a slightly oiled 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add the bell peppers and sauté for 1 minute.
- Spread onion mixture evenly over potato layer.
- In small bowl, beat the eggs, rice milk, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour into dish and lightly sprinkle paprika over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs have set in the middle.