This weeks Featured Team Pick comes from Meredith, part of the Health & Beauty team here at Nature’s Newmarket!
“I am forever discovering new and wonderful things at Nature’s Emporium, but one spot I always return to is the vast bulk section. I love to bake and this area provides so many money saving options. There is an excellent variety of organic ingredients including flours, sugars/natural sweeteners, healthy additions like oats, cacao/cacao chips, nuts, seeds, dried fruits; most anything you can think of to put in a baked good. Whether traditional, food sensitive or diet specific, this bulk section has it!”
– Meredith, Health & Beauty (Newmarket):
Looking for Recipe Inspiration?
Looking for an inspiring baking recipe? we’ve included one of our favourites below – created by the team here at Nature’s. Give it a try and be sure to let us know what you think!
Featured Recipe: Gluten Free Eclairs (Vegan, Egg & Dairy Free)
- 1 Cup “Almond Breeze” Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 0.5 Cup Earth Balance (Unsalted)
- 2 tbsp “Canadian Heritage Organics” Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp “Simply Organic” Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 tsp “Redmond’s Real” Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Pamela’s Artisan Flour Mix (Gluten Free)
- 1 tsp Guar Gum
- 6 tbsp Egg Replacer
- 6 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.75 Cup “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp “Almond Breeze” Almond Milk
- 2 Cups Whipped Coconut Cream
- In a sauce pan, melt Earth Balance in almond milk and combine with maple syrup and vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together gluten free flour, guar gum, baking powder and sea salt.
- Gradually mix wet ingredients into dry until a smooth batter is formed.
- In a small bowl combine egg replacer with water and add into dough, ensuring a thorough mix.
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Using a piping bag, pipe 12 equal choux pastries onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350F and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- With the oven off and the door slightly open, allow the pastries to rest for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Using a piping bag, pipe whipped coconut cream into each of the eclairs and proceed to your ganache.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and combine with almond milk.
- Dip the filled eclairs half way and allow to firm up before serving.